TeamViewer is a remote access and remote control computer software that allows maintenance of computers and other devices. It was first released in 2005, and its functionality has expanded step by step. TeamViewer is proprietary software, that requires registration and is free of charge for non-commercial use...
It has been installed on more than two billion devices. TeamViewer is the core product of developer TeamViewer AG.
TeamViewer can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
Remote support: TeamViewer can be used to provide remote support to customers or colleagues. This allows you to access and control their computers from your own computer, which can be helpful for troubleshooting problems or providing training.
Remote access: TeamViewer can be used to remotely access your own computers, even if you are not physically there. This can be helpful for accessing files, checking on your computer, or running programs.
Online meetings: TeamViewer can be used to hold online meetings with colleagues or clients. This allows you to share your screen, chat, and collaborate in real time.
File transfer: TeamViewer can be used to transfer files between computers. This can be helpful for sending large files or for backing up your data.
Other uses: TeamViewer can also be used for a variety of other purposes, such as:
Presenting to a group of people.
Giving a remote demo.
Controlling a robot.
Monitoring a device.
TeamViewer is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. It is easy to use and free for non-commercial use, making it a great option for businesses and individuals.
Here are some of the benefits of using TeamViewer:
Easy to use: TeamViewer is very easy to use. You simply need to install the software on the computers you want to connect to, and then you can connect to them with a few clicks.
Secure: TeamViewer uses a secure connection, so you can be confident that your data is safe.
Reliable: TeamViewer is a reliable software that has been used by millions of people around the world.
Feature-rich: TeamViewer has a wide range of features, making it a versatile tool for a variety of purposes.
If you are looking for a powerful and easy-to-use remote access and remote control software, then TeamViewer is a great option.
TeamViewer - Changelog.
For windows 32 bit:
Size: 65.09 MB - Download
For windows 64 bit:
Size: 69.57 MB - Download
Size: 72.41 MB - Download
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use TeamViewer for remote desktop access and support:
1. Download and Install TeamViewer:
- Download the appropriate version for your operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux) or mobile device.
- Install TeamViewer on both the computer you want to control (the "host") and the computer from which you'll be controlling it (the "client").
2. Launch TeamViewer:
- Open TeamViewer on both computers after installation.
3. Get TeamViewer ID and Password:
- On the host computer (the one you want to control), you'll see a unique TeamViewer ID and temporary password displayed on the main screen. These credentials are essential for establishing a connection.
4. Initiate a Remote Connection via TeamViewer ID and Password:
- On the client computer, enter the TeamViewer ID of the host computer in the "Partner ID" field.
- Click the "Connect" button.
- You'll be prompted to enter the temporary password from the host computer.
- Click "Log On."
5. Remote Control:
- Once the connection is established, you'll have control over the host computer's desktop.
- Use your mouse and keyboard to operate the host computer as if you were physically present.
6. Use TeamViewer Features:
- TeamViewer offers a range of features, including file transfer, chat, voice and video calls, and the ability to reboot the remote computer. Access these features from the TeamViewer toolbar.
7. End the Session:
- To conclude the remote session, you can simply close the TeamViewer window on either computer. The host computer may also close the session if desired.
8. Secure Your TeamViewer Sessions:
- TeamViewer is secure by default, but you can enhance security by configuring strong passwords and enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) in TeamViewer settings.
Please remember that remote access should always be used responsibly and with permission from the owner of the host computer. For further information and advanced features, consider referring to the official TeamViewer documentation or support resources, as the software may receive updates and improvements over time.